Search This Blog

Thursday, May 23, 2019

Time Flies, Artist in Residence Edition : 5/23/2019

Nora has always exhibited a talent for the arts, and since I spent the first three years of her life working towards my art history M.A., it was something that I strongly encouraged.  It was almost impossible to choose a "then" image for today's post because there were so many great artworks, but I settled on this self-portrait/eco friendly message.  (I must have been saying something to the effect of "Don't buy me a fancy box of chocolate because the box sits in the landfill for a million years before decomposing".

Then:  Valintimes Day Self-Portrait, 2012.  Blue dry erase marker on white board.


Now:  Pop! Inspired Self-Portrait, 2019.  Marker on paper, construction paper, adhesive squares.

Talent.  Pure Talent!!!!

Here it is on display at the Fine Arts Awards Banquet held at her school.  Nora's portrait of Abby Mae is behind her, and the tree image to her left is also by Nora.

I love all of these works so much I am planning on hanging them in the house.  She, being a teenager, is mortified.

No comments:

Post a Comment